Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi Guy's I am back after a STRESS/de confusion break, now I have a few questions.

+2
sabrelove
pteadams2002
6 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Hi Guy's I am back after a STRESS/de confusion break,  now I have a few questions. - Page 5 Empty Re: Hi Guy's I am back after a STRESS/de confusion break, now I have a few questions.

Post by Guest Fri 18 Jan 2013, 01:11

Redfisher1, is this the one that kicked your butt? Sparrow
Hi Guy's I am back after a STRESS/de confusion break,  now I have a few questions. - Page 5 Goats-escape

Back to top Go down

Hi Guy's I am back after a STRESS/de confusion break,  now I have a few questions. - Page 5 Empty Re: Hi Guy's I am back after a STRESS/de confusion break, now I have a few questions.

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan 2013, 23:49

I have a story about a goat a really mean goat with Devil eyes and horns of steel.

When I was in grade one or two and living in northern BC my sister and I had to walk accross our farm thru the old wood mill and accross our neighbors farm to get to the bus stop. Sounds easy? Nope, no way.

Our neighbor an old crusty farmer who lived by himself had a goat who lived in the last pasture we had to cross to get to the bus stop. Now this goat was pure evil! He stank, he was oinery, he had beady slit like devil eyes and his horns were worse than my ol' mans boot on my backside.

The problem was we had to get accross the pasture before the goat saw us as he would rip accross the ground dodging in between all the old farm machinery just to get at us. When I say get at us I mean he ran full tilt head down and rammed us unrelentlessly untill we jumped the fence to safety. All the while the neighbor would be watching us and the goat and having a good laugh.

My sister and I came up with a good idea. We would trade days on which to lure the goat away so the other could run as fast as they could to the other side of the pasture. It worked! For a while we got accross the pasture without getting butted. But the fun really was luring the ol smelly goat away and dodging him. One could always count on running to the other side of the farm machinery and waiting for the goat to follow. When he was out of sight we RAN.

It was my turn one morning and I could not see the goat. Very carefully we looked and could not find him. So we both jumped the fence and started walking accross the pasture. Next thing I knew I was on my ass! The damn thing snuck up on me and knocked me down. The bugger kept slamming his head into me while my loving sister bolted to the safety of the bus stop.

I was scared and getting bruised more and more by the second. I noticed an old fridge close by and managed to get away from that miserble goat. I ran a few steps jumped into the old fridge and closed the bent door. I was safe. Or was I?

That damn goat kept butting the fridge and hanging around so I could not escape. Even though I called for help from my sister she just watched as she casually got onto the school bus, without me. The neighbor heard all the rucus and finally came over after a while and freed me from the old fridge. Seeing that I was a bit distraught and my pride hurt a wee bit he took pity on me and finally put that nasty, oinery, smelly devil eyed goat in another pasture. I still hate goats to this very day.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 17 Jan 2013, 23:39

I'm pretty sure that someone contact CRA and confirmed that the retro active payments does not affect any social programs you may have received. So we shouldn't have to pay back any CTC.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan 2013, 23:18

Oh no not goats! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan 2013, 23:16

Talking about CPPD and stuff...when we get the refund and we file our taxes, are we going to have to pay back all of the Child Tax Credit we recieved over the years?

It would really Blow Goats if we had to!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan 2013, 22:44

I have had the tax credit for the past 5 years and I do not have CCPD, I have now applied for it, got new letter today requesting info on my biseness and part time jod. with CCPD I can get up to 1400$ monthly and make 1400$ before they start deductions, actually it's better than sisip. In my case I will not go over what sisp send me so I am winner all the way.

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrelove Thu 17 Jan 2013, 22:30

Yes, SISIP does claw back CPP payments, so it may reduce your SISIP to zero, but this means you have exceeded 75% of your military income. If you don't apply, then you are only ever capped at 75%. I don't see any drawbacks to applying. Be brutally honest about what you can't do. It's disheartening, but you need to spell out how the disability effects you and your ability to work.

Also, the Disability Tax Credit is a CRA thing, not CPP. You can go to the Canada Revenue Agency for the form your doctor needs to fill out to apply.

sabrelove
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan 2013, 19:33

pteadams good ive been trying to find a way to explain in english how cpp does its calculations to redfisher but all i can come up with is they calculate how much you payed in by how many years witch isnt really accurate.

red i dont know how old you are but if you dont pay in to cpp for a long time before you hit 65 you may not recive verry much cpp.however once you are accepted for cppd you are frozen at your current level.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan 2013, 19:29

HI Redfisher, as Sparrow stated yes your CPP is deducted from your SISIP but the other option to apply for is the CPP Disability Tax Credit. It is another step beyond CPP. Your Doctor has to fill some forms separate from a CPP application and it gives you a relief in taxes....yearly. I can't remember the amount but it is good. This is separate from your CPP payments. Not everyone who qualities for CPP will qualify for CPP Tax Disability Credit..Worth checking out. I was granted it and it's good for 10 years then I have to reapply. Good luck, hope this info helps. Sue

Back to top Go down

Post by pteadams2002 Thu 17 Jan 2013, 19:25

Redfisher;
I do believe you have the calculations correct. I have a 3 yr diploma in accounting.
pteadams2002
pteadams2002
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 190
Registration date : 2012-08-04

http://pteadams2002@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan 2013, 19:19

Redfisher, yes Sisip does clawback your CPP D payments. As for your calculations, I have no insight on that one, I have not even tried to figure out mine yet, too many unknowns.

sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan 2013, 19:18

redfisher yes there is if you can no longer work apply immediately.

propat

Back to top Go down

Hi Guy's I am back after a STRESS/de confusion break,  now I have a few questions. - Page 5 Empty Hi Guy's I am back after a STRESS/de confusion break, now I have a few questions.

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan 2013, 19:16

I am thinking of applying for CPPD but there is that little bell ringing in my head that says SISIP will claw this money back. So is there any benefit to apply for CPPD?

Also I have 34 months oweing, so for 2010 I calculate 3% on the principle.
Add 2010's principle to 2011's SISIP income and calculate 3% again.
Take the 2010 and 2011 principle and add this to the 9 months in 2012 and calculate 5%.

Take all the 34 months of principle and calculate 3.27%.

Add all the interest together and add it to the principle to get an estimate of the refund/return.

Take the total of principle (2010,2011,2012) plus interest and take off about 17% for fees. And an additional 20% for taxes.

And hopefully being a zero sum client we will be getting a cheque in the mail a couple weeks after the Feb 14 decision.

Am I right/close/out to lunch?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5