Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi Guy's I am back after a STRESS/de confusion break, now I have a few questions.

+2
sabrelove
pteadams2002
6 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Hi Guy's I am back after a STRESS/de confusion break,  now I have a few questions. - Page 3 Empty Re: Hi Guy's I am back after a STRESS/de confusion break, now I have a few questions.

Post by beleaf67 Fri 18 Jan 2013, 19:56

VAC's ELB is maxed at 2% CPI, got ya!! I've never had SISIP until recently, so the max SISIP CPI is 2%? I had read in the Claxton Papers that ELB was 2% because it was linked to SISIP. Not exactly sure what that would have to do with anything, other than a stipulation stating exactly that fact! Would you happen to have a link where I could peruse this in writing that SISIP CPI will be no more than 2%?

beleaf67
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-11-30

Back to top Go down

Hi Guy's I am back after a STRESS/de confusion break,  now I have a few questions. - Page 3 Empty Re: Hi Guy's I am back after a STRESS/de confusion break, now I have a few questions.

Post by Guest Fri 18 Jan 2013, 19:48

belea pleas read sisip policy no.901102 division 23 c and 24 a and b as your lack of information may create confusion in thoes that need help understanding this.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Jan 2013, 19:40

belea cppd is reduced dollar for dollar for these guys that are asking the question ie;the guys that are asking should they apply.the only thing that is not clawed back is the indexing witch they will not get till next year.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Jan 2013, 19:34

belea indexing for sisip ltd is maxed at 2%.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 18 Jan 2013, 19:21

Beleaf. SISIP LTD and VAC's ELB are maxed at a 2% COLA per year, regardless of what the national CPI indexing rate is.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by beleaf67 Fri 18 Jan 2013, 19:17

Yes, your LTD will be reduced, not dollar for dollar mind you! The 75% rule will still apply to your LTD, the only difference now being LTD can't include your VAC or ELB monthly pension, if you have one that is! LTD for myself, for example, would be 75% of my pre release base salary, minus any CF Annuity and/or the basic individual CPP amount, minus any dependent

beleaf67
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by beleaf67 Fri 18 Jan 2013, 19:09

Indexing is not maxed at 2% in my experience! Indexing is based on the cost of living factors applied on a national basis! These last few years have been in that range simply due to the fact that the cost of living was in that range.

beleaf67
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Jan 2013, 18:50

Roger that...thanks propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Jan 2013, 18:33

wills maybe thats why they max their indexing at 2%.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Jan 2013, 18:31

wills they do clawback dollar for dollar buds but they do not clawback your indexing.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Jan 2013, 18:14

My personal experience is that, YES, SISIP made me apply for CPPD. I applied and was accepted. I receive approx 1187 per month CPPD (gross amount) and have my military pension reduced by approx 600 per month (gross). I forget the exact amount but it does state individual amounts on all our annual pension statements. I was getting 88 dollars per month from SISIP but now receive approx. 1500 (gross) since end of clawback. Thanks again Dennis. I don't know if SISIP claws back dollar for dollar so can't help on this point for those wondering. I was always maxed out on ELB but now, as of 10 Oct 2012 am TPI. I have inquired about PIA and supplement and await direction from VA. Does anyone know if there is a "max-out" clause with PIA and supplement as with ELB?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Jan 2013, 17:15

ain't that the truth, damn I never took notes now look at me frakin books everywhere lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Jan 2013, 14:47

Aren't we glad we had all the ARMY TRG, so we could fight the good fight after our service. And we thought QR&O's were complicated...lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Jan 2013, 14:43

redfisher good for you this may make a huge difference in your cpp when you are old enough to collect it.the absalute number one reason to be on it if you can no longer work.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Jan 2013, 14:27

lmao wow.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next