Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Rex, Wills Ridge, Robbie Royal we need your help...Hey Guys I have done the homework .... Here are the Facts!

4 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Big Rex, Wills Ridge, Robbie Royal we need your help...Hey Guys I have done the homework .... Here are the Facts! - Page 3 Empty Re: Big Rex, Wills Ridge, Robbie Royal we need your help...Hey Guys I have done the homework .... Here are the Facts!

Post by Guest Sat 02 Feb 2013, 06:36

Each and every one on this list knew about the illegal LTD deductions By SISIP (Maritime Life now Manulife) and yet not a single “Top Soldier” did anything administrative to manage a policy they owned and controlled for all CF members. Every Minister of National Defence did nothing and each and every one knew as well. Every PM knew and yet failed to do anything. 32 elite politicians elected into office to protect and honour the very citizens they robbed. You do the math and I can guarantee the accumulated pensions of these thirty two officials will be more than McInnes Cooper will make from the SISIP Class Action.
CDS General Gérard Charles Édouard Thériault, CMM, CD 1983-86
MND Jean-Jacques Blais, PC, QC 1983-84
PM The Rt. Hon. Martin Brian Mulroney, CC GOQ 1984-1993
MND Robert Carman Coates, LLB, LLD, PC, QC 1984-85
MND Erik Hersholt Nielsen PC DFC QC 1985-86
CDS Paul David Manson, OC, CMM, CD 1986-89
MND Henry Perrin Beatty, PC 1986-89
CDS Alfred John Gardyne Drummond de Chastelain OC CMM CD CH 1989-93
MND The Honourable William Hunter "Bill" McKnight, PC 1989-91
MND Marcel Masse, PC OQ 1991-93
PM Joseph Jacques Jean Chrétien PC OM CC QC 1993-2003
CDS John Rogers Anderson, CMM CD 1993
MND Avril Phædra Douglas "Kim" Campbell, PC CC OBC QC 1993 June
MND Thomas Edward "Tom" Siddon, PC June 1993-Nov 93
CDS Alfred John Gardyne Drummond de Chastelain OC CMM CD CH 1993-94
MND David Michael Collenette, PC 1993-96
CDS General Joseph Édouard Jean Boyle, CMM, CD 1996
MND Meredith Douglas "Doug" Young, PC 1996-97
CDS Vice Admiral Larry E. Murray, CMM CD 1996-97
MND Arthur C. "Art" Eggleton, PC 1997-2002
CDS Joseph Gérard Maurice Baril OC, CMM, MSM, CD 1997-2001
MND John McCallum, PC, MP 2002-03
PM Paul Edgar Philippe Martin, PC, CC 2003-2006
CDS General Raymond (Ray) Roland Joseph Henault, CMM, MSC, CD 2001-05
MND David Pratt, PC 2003-04
MND William Carvel "Bill" Graham, PC QC 2004-06
PM Stephen Joseph Harper PC MP 2006 -
CDS General(Ret.) Rick Hillier, OC, CMM, MSC, CD 2005-2008
MND Gordon James O'Connor, PC OMM CD MP 2006-07
MND Peter Gordon MacKay, PC, QC, MP 2007-
CDS General Walter John Natynczyk, CMM, MSC, CD 2008-2012
CDS General Thomas J. Lawson CMM CD

Back to top Go down

Big Rex, Wills Ridge, Robbie Royal we need your help...Hey Guys I have done the homework .... Here are the Facts! - Page 3 Empty Re: Big Rex, Wills Ridge, Robbie Royal we need your help...Hey Guys I have done the homework .... Here are the Facts!

Post by Guest Sat 02 Feb 2013, 06:33

Awesome letter Will's
It will make an impact

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Feb 2013, 21:15

here is what i have sent to Judge Barnes. It may be totally out of whack but it is what it is.

Justice Barnes,
It with great hesitancy that i write this letter. I have reviewed the proposed settlement that was bought to fruition after numerous bargaining sessions between the plaintiff's and defendant's representatives. I am in agreement with the majority of the agreement, however, I am troubled by the fact that we, the plaintiffs, must assume the huge legal fees resulting from this lawsuit. I am informed that you personally referred to the government's actions in this clawback as being illegal? I have reviewed numerous case files regarding the awarding, or lack thereof, of legal fees in class action lawsuits. It seems to me, a layperson with no experience in your world of legalities, case law reviews etc. that there is always a huge burden to prove that one side or the other in these lawsuits should shoulder all the accumulated legal fees.
My point is that you must have had a very very good reason on which to base your statement that the government acted illegally in continuing the clawback of our LTD payments. Did you base this assertion on sound reasoning after reviewing the complete file, including the files and statements of several inter-governmental departments that ALL advised the government of the day to cease and desist this unlawful clawback? I realize there is a huge burden of proof when awarding legal costs to one side or the other in these legal battles, however, I strongly suspect this burden of proof has been amply met in this case, otherwise you and others would not have utilized the term "ILLEGAL" is discussing GOC's participation.

I do not know what your legal parameters, limits and leeway in bringing this case to closure are, however, I would like to make the following recommendations:
1) Approve this settlement as submitted with the exception of the disposition of legal fees;
2) Have the class members be reimbursed what they are owed with the exception of the legal fees. These fees should be deducted from the members as stated in the agreement, however, the funds should be placed in trust pending final resolution;
3) Conduct or cause to be conducted a full review of the decision to have the class assume these fees;
4) Find in favour of the class and redistribute the funds held in trust back to the members; and
5) Find the GOC liable for all legal fees due to their malicious and illegal participation in these clawbacks.

In summary, I do not know if you have the jurisdiction or power to implement any or all of my recommendations but I hope you give this your full attention and possibly seek other internal avenues which could result in the justice I seek.

G. A. Tobin
Service Number R40-547-996
Veteran Affairs File No. K5939053

Will's Ridge

Number of posts: 142
Registration date: 2012-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Wife of a Veteran Fri 01 Feb 2013, 12:55

Last edited by Wife of a Veteran on Fri 08 Mar 2013, 20:30; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .)

Wife of a Veteran
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Feb 2013, 12:46

I will Sapper, perhaps I can bring a special book with the names of those on csat and have those attending sign it honoring all those who could not be there but are there in spirit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Feb 2013, 12:30

Whooooooooooahhhhhhhhhhhhha Sapper Zodiak
Fair Winds brother

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Fri 01 Feb 2013, 12:05

Its nice to see all of you strangers coming together as friends, nay comrades in arms. The esprit du corps here is very heartwarming. Please remember people like myself who couldn't attend. Broken and smashed since age 20. A life lived from the "sidelines". Just as we remember our fallen at Remembrance services, please remember us. Know that you are our voice we had lost for many years. Please let the court see our pain through you. You may be disabled Veterans, but for a few brief shiny hours, you are returning heroes again. Walk well, heads high. Thank you all.
Chimo

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Feb 2013, 10:46

Only one room left at the Sheraton. Radison is full. I found one at Westin. Thanks for the intel Georges. Looks like we will drive as the flights from Kingston too expensive.
sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Feb 2013, 10:14

Radison hotel full, just made reservation at the 4 points by sherretan, 135 a night phone number 1-800-394-1454. Person taking reservations said vwry little rooms left available due to conference (legle mater) good luck. I have a queen bed for nay body needing a place to sleep.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Feb 2013, 09:56

That sounds about what we will do as well. They should put all the vets on the same floor at the Radison cheers Lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Feb 2013, 09:55

I am flying in on the 13th in he AM want some time to visit and meet dennis and others to talk. leavin on the 15 fter super.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next