Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Rex, Wills Ridge, Robbie Royal we need your help...Hey Guys I have done the homework .... Here are the Facts!

4 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Big Rex, Wills Ridge, Robbie Royal we need your help...Hey Guys I have done the homework .... Here are the Facts! - Page 5 Empty Re: Big Rex, Wills Ridge, Robbie Royal we need your help...Hey Guys I have done the homework .... Here are the Facts!

Post by Rags Fri 01 Feb 2013, 08:47

ya my GF is not too happy but it is our only shot to be heard and show Dennis our support for bring it this far. We are on the goal line just need to call a good play and all push together to bring it home.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Big Rex, Wills Ridge, Robbie Royal we need your help...Hey Guys I have done the homework .... Here are the Facts! - Page 5 Empty Re: Big Rex, Wills Ridge, Robbie Royal we need your help...Hey Guys I have done the homework .... Here are the Facts!

Post by Guest Fri 01 Feb 2013, 08:35

good for you rags im thinking more about going and right now leaning toward it the gf will have my nuts for sure if i go.i will not be speaking though as i can get wound up at times and that will be one of thoes times.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Fri 01 Feb 2013, 08:31

Rags will be going for sure. I want to shake Dennis's hand for starters and I want to address the court on an issue.

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Feb 2013, 08:30

PS, you all have power you all have life and there is no one that can take that away. We can fight and the only way to fight is the way you have been doing it, minus the odd hammerhead that fuels some desire to actually commence lynching as a form of art. Anyhow keep writing to everyone what do you have to lose. People care
ROBBIE

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Feb 2013, 08:25

For those that said we have “no voice”, you have been wrong your voice has been here all along. Each and every one of you has contributed in more ways than you will ever know. Our constant heart felt pleas, unfamiliarity and unwarranted treatment have touched thousands and yet the quarrelling has incensed those that want to help. So the double edged sword has been somewhat arduous and yet a venue of commitment and restoration for us disabled veterans. Below is a link that will prove that Justice Barnes has been listening. My letter to Justice Barnes has been entered into the court registry and may potentially influence the legal fee amount as stated by the legal firm of McInnes Cooper. I take no credit in this entry as it is an honest statement that reflects all our sediments. This is neither an attack on Dennis nor an attack on Peter Driscoll, so please do not insight ridiculous rants that have no validity. Dennis is a friend and he is the sole reason we are here period. I will not be Halifax as I honestly plan on having a wonderful time with my beautiful wife. My darling wife is the reason why I wrote this letter in the first place as I am her hero and a veteran among all of you.
T-463-07 recorded entry (ies)

Justice Barnes
Federal Court,
Ottawa, Ontario,
K1A 0H9

I Sir, write this letter to your office in regards to Court No. T-463-07 Manuge v. Her Majesty the Queen SISIP Class Action Law Suit in particular the payment process of the lawyer firm of Peter Driscoll McInnis Cooper.

With heralded optimism that we as fellow Canadians may unearth an effortless restoration into a three decade long contractual battle that has financially crippled our severely injured Canadian Forces Veterans. I Sir do not believe that “pointing a finger” will allow anyone involved in this ominous situation the affluence to promote or provide any form of insightful legislation due to “heated collars”, so I will forego the lengthy narration of all court docket numbers and rhetoric involved in pleading my case for a suspension or omission of responsibility from any agency or policy holders within the Government of Canada. My situation is at best not a place that I as a Canadian Veteran want to be in my life. My hardships linger somewhere foreign to the vast majority of Canadians and therefore only contribute a small part in our military history.
I Sir agreed as a young civilian almost 30 years ago to serve my Country as a soldier. I understood that my service to Country and mankind could possible imply participating in the act of war an honour I gladly accepted with pride. I also put to pen many other forms during my career with pride knowing that the possibility of signing even something as simple as a 1 leaf page Life Insurance Policy from SISIP would be met with the same conviction and professionalism that I gave my fellow man and Country. When I became a casualty of war I was treated without delay and ceremoniously released from the military without SISIP honouring the very contract I believed would assist my financial requirement for a period of 2 years and beyond if I qualified for LTD. Had I been issued the financial obligation from SISIP then the transition from healthy soldier to totally incapacitated veteran would have eased the financial burden on my family. I would never have had the perception or ability to forecast let alone endure a career and life changing injury but it happened and yet I felt my SISIP Policy would lessen the financial load. Within 6 months the financial portion of my SISIP LTD policy was rejected because Veterans Affairs Canada began the process of awarding benefits and awards for my injuries.

My argument Sir, is that if all policy members had the financial assistance from SISIP then I like the other 7500 other veterans would not be writing your office and asking that our government arguably DND (the policy holder) to assume the lawyer fees from this Class Action. I have been forced into a position that I should not legally be involved. This is a place that would see me continue to pay for something that by the legal terms of my agreement with SISIP should not even be an issue. I do not ask the court to pay for my loss of a normal life by asking for millions because of my physical injuries or any psychological illnesses caused by the stress of this Class Action. No Sir I do not as these are acceptable injuries that contribute directly to my service but are you asking me to endure more financial hardships due to a policy that was mismanaged. If that is the case then I ask that the government please visit my home and have me re-enact the last 10 years of my life, then ask yourself, Justice Barnes, “Is this how our veterans have been treated”?

Without heroes we are all just prisoners of a classless civilian society ready to be oppressed and enslaved by meaningless policies meant to deter the growth of humanity.

Thank you for your Support
Freedom to Thank a Military Veteran is free.
We are few, we are strong and the embodiment of Peace yet as living causalities of war suffering from broken contractual policies and an immense sense of historical loss.
Stop the suffering and allow all Veterans a restored and honourable dignity.

Steve Gregory Robinson CD Sergeant (retired)
xx xxxxx xxxxx
Petawawa Ontario
Xxx xxx
Canada
031 Infantry
The Royal Canadian Regiment and the Canadian Airborne Regiment
18 years 116 days 3(b) medical release October 2003
xxxxxxxxxxxx

xxx-xxx-xxx

ROBBIEROYAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Feb 2013, 08:22

Rags:
I want the wisdom, i want the reality, i want the pain and the suffering to speak , I want the judge to know it all before he decides....I want the people who call others whiners to speak ....I want them to know ...Some lost their health when very young ...Many will never have a normal life....
....I want Judge Barnes to listen to the suck ups, the uneducated, the lawyers..... I want God to help the federal court to sort this all out and make a great judgement!

As some of you will smoke the fat cigars,and enjoy new found wealth, Never forget the Veterans who served .... The quality of their lives so many take for granted is because of a few that gave it all!.

Lest we Forget

Last edited by lostinthetaxes on Fri 01 Feb 2013, 09:10; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed some personal facts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Feb 2013, 08:22

lost in i still think sending in a REQUEST FOR TAXPAYER RELIEF form may help to improve our situation.and im certin that any assistance from a federal court judge couldnt hurt.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Fri 01 Feb 2013, 07:38

Who ever speaks for other then themselves have to be none emotional (just look around the site easy to se who is), speak from the facts present in a clear concise manner no poor me crap(also easy to see who it is not from the site). Short sweet and to the point. The facts argued have to be within the law and within the powers of the judge to change.
That person also must be well schooled in the skills of speaking and have done it often so they are comfortable and do well in front of media and a court.
If your not doing it yourself be careful who ya pick.
If you are making a public statement by using the court then be careful how you do it. Don't waste the courts time or get too confusing so media misses the point. What I mean by a public statement is if your presentation is not within the judges ability to change then its just a public statement for consumption by the public via the media so craft the statement for that impact as the judge will ignore you.
good luck all, time is ticking down. see ya all there and good luck crafting your comments i'm eager to see and hear you all.

Rags
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Big Rex, Wills Ridge, Robbie Royal we need your help...Hey Guys I have done the homework .... Here are the Facts! - Page 5 Empty Big Rex, Wills Ridge, Robbie Royal we need your help...Hey Guys I have done the homework .... Here are the Facts!

Post by Guest Fri 01 Feb 2013, 06:51

-My Tax situation- ( comments here are my situation and my feelings)

-30% tax withheld initially ( At  tax time filing for 2013 I will owe an additional  15-18% more money like most of you even after legal fees deducted )

-Legal fees are on the total amount 17.7% ( if approved)

-Taxes will not be reassessed but looked at for the years in which they the money was to be received - this is for our benefit - 99% of the time is better than lump sum...the tax payable will be to our advantage....lump sum or otherwise

- In my situation when you take the money owed and reduced for taxes and it was reviewed YESTERDAY by begging revenue Canada to help me

-I will loose 58% of the money clawed back that includes the interest when all is said and done.

The positive way to look at this is: if we got the money when owed with no interested added  we would be close to getting the same amount ..SLIGHTLY LESS

Besides I would have spent it all 5 years ago

What can you do: To improve your situation...Apply for Disability Tax Credit, contribute to RRSP,

THE BIGGEST IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE IS GETTING TO PRESENT YOUR CASE FOR A FEE REDUCTION  IN FRONT OF  JUDGE BARNES (YOU MUST DO THIS WITH THE  LAWYERS AND NOTIFY THEM YOU WISH TO SPEAK PRIOR TO THE 7TH OF FEB)

I WOULD HAVE PICKED DENNIS TO SPEAK ON OUR BEHALF BUT HE SAID NO ...OF ALL YOU REGULARS HERE MY RECOMMENDATION WOULD BE Bigrex Wills Ridge  and Rob Royal TO ADDRESS THE COURT.

-ASK HIM TO REDUCE THE PERCENTAGE FEE  (TELL HIM 65 MILLION IS TOO MUCH) - 10-15 MILLION  IS AN AMAZING AMOUNT I PREDICT THAT IS WHAT THE JUDGE WILL ORDER ANYHOW, ANYTHING MORE IS NUTS!

- GET RID OF SILLY EDUCATIONAL FUNDS AND DONATIONS LET US DO THAT ON OUR OWN.

Last edited by lostinthetaxes on Fri 01 Feb 2013, 09:01; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5