Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this a DONE DEAL

+2
Teentitan
peep
6 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Is this a DONE DEAL - Page 8 Empty Re: Is this a DONE DEAL

Post by Teentitan Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:51

Same question goes to you as well propat, Rags, Bigrex...did you contact our lead lawyer to find out what kind of hearing this is going to be on the 14th&15th?

If you did not do the research, as I did, then anything you have said since Friday night is "speculation". If you are all so positive and believe what you are saying why the fear to ask? If what you find out about your postings are true and mine is the "scare tactic" I said I would apologize to the Forum.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:47

White Winged,

You would be wrong then. Too often people make a single or a few posts and say same thing only to do some proper research to find this is actually only a proposed settlement which can now be impacted by the class. That is why a judge will hear the concerns from the class now for the first time.

Many here have said same thing only to read the law see the legal procedures that must be followed in a class action and know that all members of the class have a say in the settlement. This is our time to advise the judge that we have not been involved till now and this is what we see wrong and needs to be repaired. Before you make blanket statements that have no fact or basis in law read the law.

Is the settlement basically done? Well Id say yes it is in principale. It is a good and great first draft proposal to the class. Are there points that have been missed out? Absolutely! Should the class have a say as to what needs to be renegotiated over next 30 to 90 days Absolutely and most importantly its the law.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:45

my best guess 50-50.of course the legalities of the 3.27% may be looked at by the judge with questions like.does this allow the GOC to profit from elligal activities?ore since this number is applied evenly amongst the class thus only of some assistance for a few but to the deterament of moast especially thoes that were financally affected by the clawback the moast .is it in its nature discriminatory?

maybe the legalities are not in his mandate and will not be concidered?im no judge so i dont know?

what i do know is he will look at the deal as a whole and and try and figure out if accepting this deal is best for the class.i do belive the letters will help him make his dicission especially thoes letters that will be presented to him on the 14th.i say this out of an assumption that these are the letters he will definatly read persanally and prehaps morew than once becouse i sure would(i hate supprises )im also pritty sure that his decission would be made ore all but made before he even sits down on the 14th for the above reasons.

way too much to think about and i know so little about how the judge makes this dissision your guess is as good as mine.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:40

COD I'm only going to ask you one question...Did you contact our lead lawyer and ask him what kind of settlement hearing is coming up on the 14th&15th?

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:30

Sorry but as this is my first post, I only know that JB can only proceed with a yes or decline with a no. This is a settlement hearing meaning both parties have agreed in principal to settle. No offense the deal will be final bearing a coup d'état. Thank God for that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:28

Call I do not agree about the scrare tactic's but I do agree tat we can change a few things, not the world but a few things, right now I am trying to get all the possible info for thous that told sisip to f....off and could be left in the cold. At the present time that is my war house and he is full of fire and wants answer!!!!!!!!! Whish my well, for I hope I can clarify this thing before court hearings.

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:18

Peep <- - - - - -- -- -Intelligent members
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Is this a DONE DEAL - Page 8 Empty Is this a DONE DEAL

Post by Guest Mon 11 Feb 2013, 10:00

Some have come on CSAT Saying this is a Done deal nothing left to settle but lawyers fees. Some have said this is the best deal we could have got. Some" I feel" have used scare tactics, to push they're own agenda.

But after reading alot of posts here, and some very Intelligent members now showing up here, I'm not so sure. I get the feeling, the proposal is just, an "agreement in principale", and there has been room left for more negotiations , pending what the Judge hears on feb 14 th. That is why, Focused and Meritorious, letters and statements,from the class members, who have been left out of this process, along with a gag order, will most likely carry a ton of weight in the judges eyes, and should not be overlooked as a great tool to fine tune this proposal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8