Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this a DONE DEAL

+2
Teentitan
peep
6 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Is this a DONE DEAL - Page 2 Empty Re: Is this a DONE DEAL

Post by Guest Mon 11 Feb 2013, 18:21

So when will we find out if the deal is accepted by the Judge?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Feb 2013, 18:08

Propaganda is a form of communication that is aimed towards influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position by presenting only one side of an argument. Propaganda is usually repeated and dispersed over a wide variety of media in order to create the chosen result in audience attitudes. So instead of postcards we have trolls. Rags I don't believe you should be silenced for your convictions nor have trolls continually accessing good willed individuals in discussions, runaway comments and chat venues.

Last edited by stewie on Mon 11 Feb 2013, 18:25; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by K9 Mon 11 Feb 2013, 18:03

Propat, I wish you all the best with your appointment, no worry, Letters, Being there in person or Believing that all this was worth nothing is what each one of us as a right to believe, I do what I feel right and others do what they please, it is all about democracy, not like if someone decided to do something illegal and immoral that ruined the lives of many, but then again, some will say we had nothing, I say some others had a part of their lives destroyed and no money can bring this back. So that's it.........
Pat.

Call, thank you to, you deserve it!.....
K9
K9
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Is this a DONE DEAL - Page 2 Empty Get There, Get Vocal ,Get Passionate,Get Prepared

Post by Guest Mon 11 Feb 2013, 17:09

Find a legal error! Rags,OR 3500+ Negative Vets letters.

If you cant, Argue the 65.2 million in legal fees on the backs of disabled vets is Criminal.
That has a ring to it!
JBarnes ears maybe ringing and the media there in Halifax, may response from their sleep!

The way it has unfolded:
1.The Judge was constantly updated in the status/progress of the negotiations;
2.After it was settled the judge had the agreement to review,30 days of review..then he released it to us;
3.If there was legal mistakes/error we never would have seen the agreement.

Even if the only issue left to be decided is the ridiculous fees, Did you hear me 65.2 Million Dollars

You can still speak about anything you wish and I am sure you will.

Just do not be under any misconceptions.

Last edited by Black-Winged-Dragon on Mon 11 Feb 2013, 17:35; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : .)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Feb 2013, 17:00

in the end even if he gets no letters he will still look at the deal as a whole and concider if its in the best interest of the entire class.if he thinks it is he will accept if not he will decline.the letters are just to help gide him in his dissision as he is not counting them as votes becouse in the end its not our decission ore the respective leagal teams its his alone.im thinkin the less sure his is of his dissision the more weight the letters will have.

just my oppinion

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Mon 11 Feb 2013, 16:43

Its not the volume in this case Wills its the quality of the argument. Just one well place argument if it shows it affects the class as a whole or a portion of the class or a sub class the judge has enough to delay.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Rags Mon 11 Feb 2013, 16:41

Well said K9

For those who doubt our rights in Fed Class Action to participate in the court and have Judge delay the settlement go read Fed Class Action law 299.29
Then come back say your sorry and shut the F up. Or join us and work hard with us who seek a better deal.

Rags
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 792
Registration date : 2013-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Feb 2013, 16:40

The way this crusty old bastard sees it is that if the judge was to receive 3825 letters (51% of 7500) from class members saying they don't like the settlement then the judge would be obligated to return it or at least seriously consider doing so. With only a few hundred (or even thousand) negative letters then he will accept and then rule on the amount of legal fees that he deems fair. Case closed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Feb 2013, 16:28

K9 Glad you will be there, and carrying a few of our Rucksacks. all the best bro.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Feb 2013, 16:21

well said patrick buds just found out today i will not be going.i will be having a ct scan that afternoon.buds its not much of an excuse i know but i really gota figure this thing out its driving me nuts.i wish you all the best dont hold anything back although im sure you woulnt.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Feb 2013, 16:19

Ya, Propat thx for the well wishes, I See vets here, Old and Young, many stories of tragedy, Losses that alot of us cant even imagine ,or relate too! Every one has someone or something, they want to protect, or care for, and this settlement will hopefully achieve that. People say we are greedy, but we are looking out for our loved ones, and they're future after we are gone.
That is my reason for wanting, the best settlement, and why I question Authority also.I wish you the best to bro! and all the Vets!

Back to top Go down

Post by K9 Mon 11 Feb 2013, 16:11

Reading this from post #1 probably took longer than my plane ride will take to go to Halifax tomorow.

I like how it is black and white, with litle touchs of gray.

Reading that the deal is done and all what is left are the fees is funny!

Maybe, maybe not, at least I will have the chance to tell JB what I feel about this deal. Sorry that I will be looking at him without seing what reactions some will have.

MC and Denis brought us there, if possible, maybe we will be able to bring this setelment a step further, if not, at least we tried.

The Rules of the Courts gives us a chance to say what we think of this setelment and I'll exercise my rights. For the rest, the future will tell. In the end, we must think of those that will have to fight to be part of this deal or ordeal!

Pat.
K9
K9
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2012-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Feb 2013, 16:03

call i really wish the best for you and all thoes like you.as for me i lost my house so i could live within my means but after this past october well wow im ok now.im thinkin of that old stones tune ever since.if ya try sometimes ya just might find ya get what ya need.i hope you all get that whatever it is.if i can help in any way just let me know.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Feb 2013, 15:56

Mine goes back to 2003 , those deemed taxes and legal fees , not pretty, But all we can do is try for better , but accept what the judge says, and move on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Feb 2013, 15:50

for me personally its not that bad a deal since they only owe me from 08.for the long term guys well thats another ball of wax.if they cant be helped i just hope they are well informed.what i do belive is when the judge makes his dicision yes ore no it will be the right one as i think he understand more about the law and its application in this case than either of the two leagal teams.hey i could be wrong but its just my oppinion.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next