Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MVA says "Keep an eye on the budget"

+8
sailor964
Sapper Zodiak
czerv
Dannypaj
pinger
bigrex
johnny211
Teentitan
12 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

MVA says "Keep an eye on the budget" - Page 10 Empty Re: MVA says "Keep an eye on the budget"

Post by Teentitan Fri 11 Mar 2016, 11:24

From what I have pieced together from contacts it's the table of disabilities that is a major stumbling block.

Can't use the PA or the NVC. The PA is a not a lump sum table and the NVC is not a lifelong pension table.

So what choice is left? To us it's easy....merge the acts and create a new table of disabilities by merging the tables and splitting it in 2 choices....life or lump. Put a qualifier in the new act and thoroughly explain it to the veteran what each choice means and that it is final. In other words they have to write a binding contract for which payment the vet chooses.

But the question is will the ACVA committee make their first report with one simple point....merge the acts.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

MVA says "Keep an eye on the budget" - Page 10 Empty Re: MVA says "Keep an eye on the budget"

Post by Guest Fri 11 Mar 2016, 11:16

lol WOW if they cant find a way to make it fair for all vets they are idiots . everyone having the EXACT same pain and suffering payment comes to mind right off . an option would also be acceptable not my favorite but its what they want .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Fri 11 Mar 2016, 10:36

15% bump in LTD/ELB, new hires, and 9 DO offices with a slight chance of info on homeless vets. This is what I predict is in the budget for us vets.

No mention of lifelong pension because they are truly stuck on how to do it that makes it fair for all vets without seeing a class action lawsuit.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Mar 2016, 20:11

trooper wrote:Well I had a look at his Facebook page , sounds like something good is coming our way from this Budget.

I agree Trooper that the MVA sounds confident that something is in the budget for Veterans and it can't come soon enough by the tone of the remarks he has been getting on facebook by Veterans losing faith in the system and the MVA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Mar 2016, 19:09

Well I had a look at his Facebook page , sounds like something good is coming our way from this Budget.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Mar 2016, 19:01

Good idea Trooper, and I'm getting the feeling that after this long journey, yes indeed, we may have arrived in the promised land, Trudeau promised , stretched out his hand and cradled the veterans , it is indeed a time of celebration!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Mar 2016, 18:34

This would be a good place to post all related Budget info , take a look at the above sticky " List of Promises made to Veterans " Will see what is in the Budget from that list.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Mar 2016, 17:39

I say if we are going to go big lets go big! 100 billion dollar deficits and let's have the refugees children pay er back! Go big or go home!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Mar 2016, 17:37

My eyes glued to it! It's B day this is it! The cards are on the table! Give me 15 percent or give me......5 percent? That budget better be heavy and I mean loaded with vets benefits! If not I'm purolatoring my legion uniform to Teen!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Mar 2016, 17:23

Let's hope they come good for Veterans.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Mar 2016, 17:20

Federal budget coming March 22 — with a deficit that could surpass $25 billion

OTTAWA — The Liberal government will deliver a federal budget March 22 expected to forecast a deficit of potentially $25 billion or more and contain additional stimulus measures, as a deteriorating economy and billions in new spending erode federal finances and produce a gusher of red ink.

The significant spike in the federal deficit has some economists believing the government’s promise to continue lowering the debt-to-GDP ratio is suddenly at risk, while the opposition Conservatives called it “a troubling day for taxpayers” and maintained they left the Liberals a surplus.

Finance Minister Bill Morneau released a fiscal update Monday that forecasts a deficit of $18.4 billion for the 2016-17 fiscal year — but that’s before billions of dollars in new stimulus measures are announced in the budget.

Add in $5 billion in new infrastructure spending promised by the Liberal government for 2016-17, as well as other pricey commitments (the Liberal platform promised $10.5 billion in net new spending), and the federal deficit could easily approach or surpass $25 billion.

BMO Capital Markets released a research note Monday that says the deficit could reach upwards of $30 billion in 2016-17.

The government is expecting an additional $15.5 billion of red ink in 2017-18, again before factoring in any new spending that will be announced in the budget.

Yet, the government has also built a $6-billion contingency into its deficit projections for each of the next two fiscal years to guard against economic risks, so there is a possibility the actual shortfalls could be smaller than projected if some of those economic worries don’t materialize.

The Liberals promised in their election platform to cap deficits at $10 billion – a figure they’ll now blow past – and to balance the books by 2019-20, something Morneau says “may take a little longer than we expected” due to economic volatility.

“There is no question that times are tough right now for many Canadians,” Morneau said Monday at a pre-budget town hall meeting in Ottawa.

“But our government believes strongly that the economic downturn makes our plan to grow the economy even more relevant than it was a few short months ago,” he added. “The time to act is now.”

Morneau compared the government’s current fiscal situation to having your car snowed in, and “digging out of the snow will take some time.”

The Liberal government’s updated fiscal projections released Monday also forecast a $2.3-billion deficit for the 2015-16 fiscal year ending March 31. Morneau promised the Liberals will release a longer-term growth strategy by the end of the 2016 calendar year.

The government is not currently considering any tax increases, such as hiking the GST, to help offset the loss of revenue and growing deficit, the minister said.

As part of its growth strategy, the finance minister has appointed Dominic Barton, global managing director with McKinsey and Company, as chairman of a new Advisory Council on Economic Growth. The council’s other members will be selected shortly.

The panel will report regularly to Morneau with advice on creating policy that can help spur long-term economic growth, with their “first job” being to find ways to improve Canada’s lagging productivity.

Conservative Leader Rona Ambrose called Monday’s update a “troubling day for taxpayers,” arguing the Liberals have no plan to claw out of the fiscal hole.

“I find this reckless, irresponsible and it’s entirely the result of the finance minister and the prime minister not being able to make the decisions that they need to make today to respect taxpayers’ money,” Ambrose told reporters in Ottawa.

Morneau promised there will be “some positive surprises in store on March 22” when he delivers the Liberal government’s first budget.

Asked by a reporter whether the budget will contain new stimulus spending not already promised, the minister didn’t rule it out.

http://www.leaderpost.com/federal+budget+coming+march+with+deficit+that+will+likely+surpass+billion/11735914/story.html

Back to top Go down

MVA says "Keep an eye on the budget" - Page 10 Empty MVA says "Keep an eye on the budget"

Post by Guest Thu 10 Mar 2016, 17:13

In response to posts on social media, MVA Hehr states "Keep an eye on the budget". Let's hope some additional information will be announced at the time of the Federal Budget.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jan 2016, 16:59

20B peanuts when it is being spent in canada on canadian's, not like harper giving 6.5 billion to africa the problem is canada hates to spend to improve their own situation. when the wife goes to costco i sit in the car as it is to hard for me. just thinking damn the amount of people going in and coming out and how much that one store brings in, in taxes in just one day so one way or another sooner or later that 20b and more will make it back into government pinky's.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jan 2016, 16:02

well I said before it will likely be closer to 15 but due to recent events im thinking anything less than 20 would be to little . of course that would be double and the word double in this context would have some negative political ramifications . what will they do ?????

propat

Back to top Go down

MVA says "Keep an eye on the budget" - Page 10 Empty MVA says "Keep an eye on the budget"

Post by Ex Member Fri 22 Jan 2016, 07:08

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/canada%e2%80%99s-trudeau-to-release-first-budget-in-march-party-says/ar-BBoyGvg?ocid=spartandhp

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s first budget will be released in March, according to a party e- mail.

The message from the Liberal Party, sent under the name of British Columbia lawmaker Jati Sidhu, is seeking input on the budget. “That is why when we table our first budget in March, we want it to be built together with the input of Canadians from all across the country,” the e-mail says.

Reached Thursday evening, Carlene Variyan, a spokeswoman for Finance Minister Bill Morneau, said: “We cannot confirm a date.”

Trudeau took power Nov. 4 and has seen Canada’s economic outlook worsen drastically due to falling oil prices and a weakening dollar. He had campaigned on a deficit not exceeding C$10 billion ($6.9 billion) in fiscal 2016, though has since avoided reiterating that pledge.

The timing of the budget has taken a heightened importance after Bank of Canada Governor Stephen Poloz said Wednesday he held off from lowering interest rates in part to see the extent of the government’s stimulus package.

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10