Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MVA says "Keep an eye on the budget"

+8
sailor964
Sapper Zodiak
czerv
Dannypaj
pinger
bigrex
johnny211
Teentitan
12 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

MVA says "Keep an eye on the budget" - Page 2 Empty Re: MVA says "Keep an eye on the budget"

Post by Guest Tue 22 Mar 2016, 14:35

ya jack same same here . lots of hope and getting the ice bucket full . captain and coke if this things a joke . aww what the hell even if its good news lol.

propat

Back to top Go down

MVA says "Keep an eye on the budget" - Page 2 Empty Re: MVA says "Keep an eye on the budget"

Post by jack22 Tue 22 Mar 2016, 14:27

At less than 2 hours from the budget time still nithing in the news center of MVA saying that minister will meet the press.

If today i am the MVA i would be up front right after minister Morneau speack to inform the comunity of veterans...of the goods news.

If today i am the Ombudsman i would be in the news room just like i will do this afternoon. For the revendications!

Still hope for the best! mean while i am looking for Captain Morgan

By by

jack22
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Tue 22 Mar 2016, 14:05

Ugh. Pit of my stomach has a lump. The news better be positive or we will tear down that "house".
Simmering Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by jack22 Tue 22 Mar 2016, 12:58

''Canada's Veterans Ombudsman, Guy Parent, will be available for media interviews on March 22, 2016 following the tabling of Budget 2016.''

The ombudsman will be aviable at 16H30. Why the ombudsman than the minister? May be it will be something positive for us in the budget.... or devasteting.

Hope for the best and respect!

jack22
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Tue 22 Mar 2016, 10:35

Well it's pucker time...hoping for an ease to the PIA qualifications, as well as seeing what the feds can do about the Life long pension ideas. Never before have I followed politics so much as before this election, and ultimately the budget. Interesting times. To heck with the deficit for now. Get money moving and people will spend it. Veterans, jobs, infrastructure, indigenous peoples, new clean technology...hmmm...
Surmising Sap

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Mar 2016, 09:08

yes nav equality buds just equality . seems reasonable and easy . though we have seen to many people try their hardest to make this a lot more difficult than it really is.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by sailor964 Tue 22 Mar 2016, 08:05

I'm crossing my fingers and dotting all the i's. They need to get this right. I'd hate to see tomorrow's headline about disgruntled Veteran's.
sailor964
sailor964
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Mar 2016, 07:56

This is the day, we either float or sink! About the pension, on the MVA Facebook a person asked about the lifelong pension in the budget and the minister replied or alluded to it being in the budget so to all that this matters so much to I truly hope, politics aside, that you all get what each and everyone of you deserve... Financial security for life

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 21 Mar 2016, 22:09

Pinger, CBC will be airing it live starting at 2 EST, I believe.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Mon 21 Mar 2016, 20:02

I'm reeel curious about this budget. Aside of the re-opening offices, the hires, and the clinics.
I afforded JT, and Kent Hehr the luxury of time. WELL TIMES UP NOW !!!
They better not regurgitate yesterdays old news. But rather, implement areas of the mandate letter that have not yet been addressed.

Q; Can you stream the budget in it's entirety on some site?
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Mar 2016, 17:31

well nav the thing is politically speaking anyway if they do this right they do become the party of the military a once a demographic held by the cons . that can turn into a lot of generational voters . if they don't the war aint over and just like last election if its close and parties are scrambling for votes the cons or the NDP may go the extra mile and say they will bring back the PA pension. anything to win right.

if a common sense red tory gets the leadership this could happen from the cons .  as for the NDP they will NOT make the mistake of trying to out conservative the conservatives . that was a miserable fracking failure . if they try that again they deserve EXACTLY what we all know they will get .

JMO

propat

Back to top Go down

MVA says "Keep an eye on the budget" - Page 2 Empty Christmas in March!

Post by Guest Mon 21 Mar 2016, 17:00

Well here it comes, the budget, it may be the best damn budget in the history of Canada for veterans or it maybe just a whole lot of hype! But if it's hype then I'd have to say the war is lost! If a liberal government won't fix it and we know the 10 years of cut, slash an burn by the disability hating Conservatives, then the only hope we have is the Green party and they'll never get in. Well I'm hoping tomorrow the struggle can stop and the victory won! The final countdown! If not I guess it's the status quote, be happy with the crumbs we've managed to scrap together after all these years

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Mar 2016, 16:58

Here's something quite interesting , just now looking on our Ministers Facebook page and the question was asked ;

Question : Among many other important things, we want the Liberal's commitment to return to monthly disability pensions signed, sealed and delivered..... in 2016!

Answer : Kent Hehr Stay tuned xxxxxxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Mar 2016, 17:51

yaaa guys the PAIN AND SUFFERING benefit is a benefit on its own . that's it that's all . no other benefit pension or income replacement in the country combines or takes pain and suffering payments into consideration or combines them in any way shape or form near as I know because it is illegal .

matter of fact the ONLY one I ever heard that did this was SISIP . WE ALL KNOW HOW THAT ENDED UP.

ya I really don't thing the GOC is gonna go down that road again because the vet file will end up looking like a soup sandwich .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Mar 2016, 15:07

I hope they don't bring in new programs that just start a lot of trouble, just fix the mess and be done with it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next