Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MVA says "Keep an eye on the budget"

+8
sailor964
Sapper Zodiak
czerv
Dannypaj
pinger
bigrex
johnny211
Teentitan
12 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

MVA says "Keep an eye on the budget" - Page 3 Empty Re: MVA says "Keep an eye on the budget"

Post by bigrex Sun 20 Mar 2016, 14:59

They can't do that, because there are currently Veterans who are getting PA pensions and ELB or SISIP. We are not being penalized. So if they started telling Vets who recieved a lump sum award that they cannot get the new pension, because they are getting ELB, or future Veterans that they can't get full ELB, because they are collecting a disability pension, they would just be opening themselves up to another lawsuit. A lawsuit that they would lose based on precedence set by the SISIP lawsuit, which clearly stated that Pain and Suffering payments cannot be used to calculate or reduce income replacement plans.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

MVA says "Keep an eye on the budget" - Page 3 Empty Re: MVA says "Keep an eye on the budget"

Post by Guest Sun 20 Mar 2016, 14:23

This is why there might be problems. The pa is not income but an award. That's why the pa is toast. I also have heard the same rumours regarding the double dipping , ie getting the Elenab plus the new life time pension. What might happen as supreme has stated is a combined eelb and new pension like they do with provincial workman
Compensation. Something is up , a lot of rumours coming out of everywhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 19 Mar 2016, 23:41

I can't see why ELB would be an issue, since those currently getting a PA pension are still eligible for unreduced SISIP/ELB.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Mar 2016, 21:05

People come and go folks, it's life. Let him go, offer help....so be it. My belief is that MVA Hehr has and will be watched by Trudeau as JT has a mission and he is not going to allow Hehr or any other MP mess sh*t up. I believe he's had a gag order also by JT. I believe great things will be said in the budget but I also believe it will take more time to iron out things. I believe Hehr and his department have been and are working on the vac file but much more needs to be ironed out, because of the different scenarios and dotting the I's and crossing the T's are in order....to prevent the filing of suits against the GOC in courts. And to settle the Equitas it requires the fine tuning also. Please keep in mind the new government is controlled by JT, do not fool yourselves, get goosebumps folks cause Justin Trudeau is on a mission and I beleive change will happen because there is no other choice.

The only issue I see is the select people that are TPI. Don't know where they're going to be affected because they get the extended elb, will they get the lumps sum? Will they be offered the monthly when they already get a monthly? I had a vet private message me this question....and I wonder myself... Only they know this. We will see folks....but I beleive change will happen and everyone will be pleasantly surprised!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Mar 2016, 20:24

What about the dam id card! If it's not in the budget then boot the liberals out. An autographed picture of Kent hehr might be nice also!

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Sat 19 Mar 2016, 18:16

Hi Johnny on the spot PEI. I only expect our file kicked to the curb... Expendable.
Same old crap. Don't know if it's gonna change.

Anything above that is gravy, but should... not be.
Current serving should think about this stuff as well...
The "silence" of Kent Hehr?
It ain't good buds... , v. este terrible. jmo.

pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Sat 19 Mar 2016, 14:16

So for all on here what is your thoughts on "What we will see in the budget for Vets" on Tuesday? I am not sure if this silence from the MVA/Gov for the past 6 mths is a good or bad thing. I truely hope it is not alot more speaches on "Oh we are studying that still"..
So what are your thoughts---
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Fri 18 Mar 2016, 14:33

Bigrex, that is real good of you comrade. If I was over in Halifax, I would love to meet Danny and you for coffee. Ha who knows someday. If you get over to this little Island drop me a line.
Danny, bigrex is right. Don't hold this crap in brother. We both know, that it is not good , and can lead to no good. I know you have a great OSSIS gp there. Seek them out, it saved my bacon over here. I won't pretend to understand, but I do have chronic ptsd, and have up and down days. I often have to break from reading all the bad crap coming out of our gov, and DVA. Cannot do most news anymore, sends me spinning. All we can do is pray they are good to us Tuesday. You take some time Danny, but don't leave us brother. Here's a awesome song to listen too, that says it all for us - Johnny Cash & Ray Charles- Crazy Old Soldier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51DERdu5QO0
Have a great wknd lads and ladies, VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 18 Mar 2016, 12:12

Danny, if you ever just want to grab a coffee and vent, give me a call. Trust me, if you try to keep all that frustration to yourself, it will blow up. Thankfully I come from a military family, so I have people that understand the military lifestyle and VAC, that I can talk to, on top of the people here on CSAT.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Mar 2016, 06:59

danny fair winds my friend but I really am hoping to see your return when you are able .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Fri 18 Mar 2016, 00:39

Dannypaj...
Thank you for your input and discussions on this site. I wish you luck in your life, health and happiness.
Chimo,
Sapper

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Mar 2016, 14:43

In my own opinion I don't think Leslie or our MVA or the Liberals in general understand what it is they promised when it comes down to the lifelong pension.

It was the Minister himself who said that they have to go back to Veterans groups an ask what they meant when they said lifelong pensions.

It's no wonder we did not , and still don't have any answers or updates on the lifelong pension.

I predict it's just a matter of time before the pressure will be placed on the Minister to update us on the progress being made , if any on the lifelong pension.

Also what Rex stated about the Equitas Law suit being on hold until May of this year , they just may extend the May deadline further in giving the Liberals more time to work on it.

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Thu 17 Mar 2016, 13:29

Oh Danny boy. It may seem overwhelming sometimes but cut yourself some slack and remember to breathe.
CSAT hasn't been around forever and sure isn't the end all for a country mile..

What do you think any of us did before? And continue to do?

One way or another... everyones opinion is valid here.

Guess what Danny? So is yours....
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Thu 17 Mar 2016, 12:53

Dannpaj, STAY. Every info/opinion/ etc., is important.
I have a new (hire) CM - once more: usless. No info coming from her, no suggestions of what to apply for, etc., etc. It is only thanks to this medium that I am ... trying.
I just told my friend (leaving 3b in the fall) to apply for Rehab/ELB (120 days before he leaves CF) and ( when 'approved' for Vac Rehab ) to go after PIA. Nobody told me that before.
How can you get 'approved' for level 3 PIA and not for supplement? that beats me.
Yes, new MVA seems to be usless as well. Sad.

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Thu 17 Mar 2016, 12:01

I am out of here ! ! !
It is for my own mental well being and probably others...Thanks for the help, never give up in what you believe in!
I need to move on and CSAT doesn't seem to be helping me...but it is a good place to vent.
On with my life.
Thanks Ladies and Gentleman for taking the time and reading my blogs.

Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next