Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MVA says "Keep an eye on the budget"

+8
sailor964
Sapper Zodiak
czerv
Dannypaj
pinger
bigrex
johnny211
Teentitan
12 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

MVA says "Keep an eye on the budget" - Page 5 Empty Re: MVA says "Keep an eye on the budget"

Post by Guest Wed 16 Mar 2016, 17:15

Totally agree Navrat.

Like teen said , if they were bringing back the PA , we would have heard about it by now or used propat's draft legislation.

Back to top Go down

MVA says "Keep an eye on the budget" - Page 5 Empty Re: MVA says "Keep an eye on the budget"

Post by Guest Wed 16 Mar 2016, 17:13

Yes Trooper, but a lot of people think the PA is coming back but they may be surprised?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Mar 2016, 17:01

Navrat your friends at the Legion are not saying anything new , the PA has been dead for those military release members since 2006.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Mar 2016, 16:58

I got a rumour st the legion that the PA is dead! The new life long pension is totally new based on an annuity based system . Teen any of your contacts saying this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Mar 2016, 16:58

That's because they only have one to refer from , and that's the lifelong pension from the PA.

Remember what re-establish means , it means bringing something back in it's original form.

Since they are talking about Veterans pensions , and they say lifelong pensions , and there's only one lifelong pension to reference from the past , the lifelong pension from the old act , how are they going to answer the question when asked what lifelong pensions did you re-establish ?

I get the point that they can bring forward anything they want and call it re-establishing lifelong pensions , all I'm saying is that the wording they used in their promise leaves room for legal challenges down the road if what they do bring forward is not excepted by Veterans.
Remember , dealing with the government is one thing , in a court of law , it's a whole different ball game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Mar 2016, 16:44

trooper just a lifelong pension that's it . they are not referring to a specific one AT ALL just a lifelong pension .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Mar 2016, 16:39

Again , what lifelong pensions in the past are they referring to ?
Show me a lifelong pension from the past ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Mar 2016, 16:33

trooper what they are referring to is lifelong pensions . there was lifelong pensions in the past and they are going to re-establish lifelong pensions . that's it that's all . what they are not referring to is ANY specific lifelong pension .

yes there is a lot of room for interpretation as the lifelong pension in the very specific wording they used could be ANYTHING .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Mar 2016, 16:19

Here's the promise word for word ;

" Re-establish lifelong pensions as an option for our injured veterans, and increase the value of the disability award, while ensuring that every injured veteran has access to financial advice and support so that they can determine the form of compensation that works best for them and their families."

So here's my question ,

If re - establishing lifelong pensions does not mean the pension portion of the the lifelong pension from the pension act , what other lifelong pensions could they be referring to when they say Re-establish lifelong pensions ?

If the wording was re-introduce the lifelong pensions then that would be a different story.

Re-establish means bringing something back into it's original form.

Don't get me wrong I'm on board with what your all saying I'm just thinking their wording of their promise might just come back to bite them , Legally that is.

So I took the "THE" out , so now if anyone could point out what Lifelong pensions they are referring from ? As re-establish means bringing back something in it's "ORIGINAL" form.
Again , I'm not against or in disagreement from what is being said that the PA pension was not mentioned , and I'm certainly almost certain that the Liberals are not going to bring back the tax free PA pension.

What I'm saying is that the wording itself leaves room for interpretation , Legal interpretation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Mar 2016, 16:04

trooper here it is .

you quoted this in the word for word ;

Re-establish lifelong pensions

then you said ;

If re - establishing the lifelong pensions

you added the " THE "a word I was looking for in print since the day the promise came out .

never found it and if I did would have copied it and saved it in multiple files .

their was a lifelong pensions so if they put any other lifelong pension in place they can actually say they re-established lifelong pensions but they cannot actually say they re-established " THE " or " THEE " lifelong pensions .

ya see the " THE " would be specific to the PA pension as it was the only lifelong pension that was used for the pain and suffering payment .

this is why the " THE " or " THEE " was omitted at least in print as a very strategic measure.

re-establish was the bait but without the " THE " they only tie themselves to a lifelong pension of any form but not to any specific one .

ya see what im saying ?

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Wed 16 Mar 2016, 14:45

They could wiggle out of their differentiation. GoC does this well.
Hell. between words, Joe Canada wouldn't know jack.
Even caught me.

But just wait for the fine print if this promise even SEE'S the light of day.
Aside of taxed or not, GoC has always had "claws"

Just my tried and proven experience.
I really hope I'm wrong this time.

Just my thoughts
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Mar 2016, 12:25

Here's the promise word for word ;

" Re-establish lifelong pensions as an option for our injured veterans, and increase the value of the disability award, while ensuring that every injured veteran has access to financial advice and support so that they can determine the form of compensation that works best for them and their families."

So here's my question ,

If re - establishing the lifelong pensions does not mean the pension portion of the the lifelong pension from the pension act , what other lifelong pensions could they be referring to when they say Re-establish lifelong pensions ?

If the wording was re-introduce the lifelong pensions then that would be a different story.

Re-establish means bringing something back into it's original form.

Don't get me wrong I'm on board with what your all saying I'm just thinking their wording of their promise might just come back to bite them , Legally that is.

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Tue 15 Mar 2016, 22:28

Ain't hindsight a thing. When JT promised a return to "lifelong pensions" last year, I automatically assumed old pa lifelong pensions. Tx for the correction at that time teen. Political rhetoric and wordplay in that instance. Time will tell very shortly sure enough.

Regardless of March 22... my pulse tells me Kent Hehr is sunk.
Let's just see what happens.

btw propat, old news... don't assume squat... not healthy Smile

Stay well everyone.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Mar 2016, 20:49

actually teen they didn't say re-establish the lifelong pension . they said re-establish lifelong pensions . thing is no they did not tie themselves to the PA pension while at the same time making it look like that's exactly what they were promising .

the could make it 1 dollar a month for 100% disability and still be in line with the promise at least technically or a million other different scenarios as long as its a lifelong pension they will meet their own criteria .

even if they say just one thing on it " it will be tax free " I will still not assume it will be the PA pension . I will hope for it and work for it . but I aint gonna assume nothing .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 15 Mar 2016, 20:34

Propat you said it right they did not tie themselves to the PA pension when they said re-establishe the lifelong pension. Regardless of the words used they did not use the word PA with lifelong pension.

Until the Libs officially say it will be tax free do not assume it will be. They said re-establish the lifelong pension and we are all assuming it's going to be the same as the PA. Word craft. Politicians are famous for using it.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next