Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MVA says "Keep an eye on the budget"

+8
sailor964
Sapper Zodiak
czerv
Dannypaj
pinger
bigrex
johnny211
Teentitan
12 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

MVA says "Keep an eye on the budget" - Page 4 Empty Re: MVA says "Keep an eye on the budget"

Post by Dannypaj Thu 17 Mar 2016, 06:45

I WAS LEFT UNTREATED AND MISDIAGNOSED FOR MANY YEARS BOYS AND GIRLS AND LEFT IN LIMBO ! ! ! !
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

MVA says "Keep an eye on the budget" - Page 4 Empty Re: MVA says "Keep an eye on the budget"

Post by Dannypaj Thu 17 Mar 2016, 06:43

MVA says "Keep an eye on the budget" - Page 4 Wp_20110

I am thankful for one person and that person is not Veterans Affairs Canada.  I would of been a statistic if it wasn't for this person that I am talking about.  Look at the dates! I was released in 2003 and I had no leadership from the top! ! ! what so  ever. So in my eyes the leadership in Ottawa failed me.
When you throw your best soldiers to the curb "way to go, Eh!" all the best in your success Canada, hope you sort my file out right,
Thanks. Very Happy

Last edited by Dannypaj on Thu 17 Mar 2016, 06:47; edited 1 time in total
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Thu 17 Mar 2016, 06:29

Five days until the budget.  B-Day. If they frack this up! It will be outer most disappointment and disrespect towards Veterans, a finger in the eye. My voice maybe on CSAT, but my paper trail doesn't lie (Shame VAC).
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Thu 17 Mar 2016, 00:23

I hear you teen

But frack Kent Hehr's facebook commentaries and the plastic niceties.
That ain't worth shyte to me.
Just minor tits and tats short of face to face federal integrity.

We need a Minister of Veterans Affairs who is REAL.
One who at least keeps in touch coast to coast overall with veterans issues in the here
and now as per his mandate letter.
For whatever that's worth now... Rolling Eyes

pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Mar 2016, 23:23

all I can say on that if its taxed it is not a pain and suffering benefit . so they will still have to provide that as well.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 16 Mar 2016, 21:47

Navrat absolutely NOTHING is coming out of VAC. So anyone in the Legion that makes a comment, suggestion or says it's fact is outright speaking BS.

WORDCRAFT people....wordcraft.

One very important fact we all need to remember the NVC was brought forward by a Liberal gov't. So they can invent any kind of lifelong pension they want.

So let's stop the back and forth on what they said. Let's go with the fact we asked Andy Leslie if it would be taxed or not and he said nothing. As a matter of fact he ignored our questions.

I will bet dollar to a doughnut that if you asked Hehr on his facebook page if the lifelong will be tax free or taxed he will ignore it.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 16 Mar 2016, 20:05

Well it would be interesting to hear what that equitas lawsuit plaintiff has to say. After all, he was supposedly given a glimpse of what was in this budget. After all, their lawsuit is solely about the lump sum vs monthly pension, so the only reason i can see that they would feel the need to show him specifically, would be that the budget contains something that could affect the lawsuit, which is currently on hold.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Mar 2016, 19:59

Pinger he certainly is talking about a lot of things outside of our file , yes the budget is just around the corner and we will wait in anticipation for something good.
He did give one hint on his facebook about something good coming for us , but you right it's those who are having difficulty receiving benefits that needs to be addressed first.
Even though they have 4 years to complete their mandate , I'm thinking if things don't start moving from the budget on , the shyte is going to hit the fan.

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Wed 16 Mar 2016, 18:49

We don't need to need to discuss re-establishing the definition of re-establishing, GoC is on it.
I mean really... how many times can you split one hair?

Let's just “Keep an eye on the budget” A week away jeez.
And if it ain't going to be a long overdue Christmas, MVA will be gone soon enough anyway, just a matter of time because he fracking FAILED in my opinion.
I mean, really think about it for a second. What has he communicated or accomplished as DVA since in place for 6 month's?
Pray tell there's an underscore I'm not aware of

Especially when it comes to access and how to go about APPROVAL of any of their said allocated funds and benefits for those truly hurting among us.

To have a better QOL and... end stop the static.

I'm gonna start rantin' pretty soon....  Smile

Stay well everyone.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Mar 2016, 18:09

I here ya bigrex but I don't see the complexity of the retro . pay those they owe garnish from the monthly pension cheques what is owed them . yup it will be expensive and I get that and im sure the cost is of upmost importance to the GOC . as for me I don't care . I don't consider it additional funding I consider it replacing necessary funding that was previously stripped .

if they don't do this right the fight to drum them out of office will start early .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Mar 2016, 17:43

Rex what I meant was the disability pension portion of the PA is dead for those military members released from 2006 forward.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Mar 2016, 17:37

propat , re-establish means bringing back something in it's original form.

Original form means a specific form to a specific Item , in this case lifelong pensions , since there's no other lifelong pensions to refer to except for the lifelong pension from the old act , they are referring in their wording to this specific lifelong pension as there's no other lifelong pension to refer from.

If they were to used the word " RE-INTRODUCE" then it would mean anything as long as it is lifelong.

It's all in the wording when it comes to the courts , you can interpret it to be any lifelong pension , or you could interpret it to be the lifelong pension from the PA.
It's true they never used the words PA in their promise , I get that , an there's certainly absolutely no indications that they will re-establish the PA lifelong pension , I get that also.

I just think in my own "OPINION" and it's just that my own opinion , the wording used in their promise could be interpreted by the courts that what was promised was the bringing back of the pension portion of the old Pension Act.
Weather I'm right or wrong remains to be seen.
If I'm wrong in the way of my thought , no big deal , I have been wrong before.
It is simply and opinion of mine.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 16 Mar 2016, 17:34

I agree that the PA is on life support, but it is not dead, since certain benefits can still be approved under the PA, such as EIA, and Attendance Allowance. And it will remain that way until the last veteran injured prior to 2006 passes away. But even if it was fully dead and buried, there is nothing stopping the current government from introducing a life long, tax free pension, as part of the NVC, that are in line with what is offered under the Pension Act. It doesn't have to be a completely different compensation scheme. For all we know, they have every intention of bringing back the disability pension, as under the PA, but the complexity they are having to deal with is how to handle those that have received lump sum awards over the last decade, so that they do not screw them over, without breaking the bank at the same time.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Mar 2016, 17:24

nav once they started talking about how complicated this is and how long it will take . well they should have gotten a clue from that . bringing in a pension that already exists and is currently still being used by DVA aint that difficult buds .

thus anything that is going to take a lot of time and is complicated AINT THAT.

it will happen buds some day it just takes time and effort .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Mar 2016, 17:18

trooper in their wording they only referred to lifelong pensions that's all . even if you could legal hold them to a promise no legal challenge would survive the wording AS IS as the only pension specified is lifelong pensions . so lifelong pensions are all they need to re-establish NOT a specific lifelong pension .

if they had used the word " THE " you have a case because its fairly specific if they had used the word " THEE " ya got a winner on your hands because that is absolutely specific as to the PA pensions .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next