Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Judge lauds lawyers who worked for veterans in $887m class action

+6
peep
meteck
Teentitan
bigrex
Sapper Zodiak
dennismanuge
10 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Judge lauds lawyers who worked for veterans in $887m class action - Page 5 Empty Re: Judge lauds lawyers who worked for veterans in $887m class action

Post by Guest Sat 06 Apr 2013, 11:49

Well said beleaf ~ it is time for remedy and healing ~ sparrow

Back to top Go down

Judge lauds lawyers who worked for veterans in $887m class action - Page 5 Empty Re: Judge lauds lawyers who worked for veterans in $887m class action

Post by Guest Sat 06 Apr 2013, 11:39

Yes beleaf, agreed, well said.

Back to top Go down

Post by beleaf67 Sat 06 Apr 2013, 11:34

With respect to all, malice to none, faith in the cause and a deep sense of indebtedness to all of you who fought for me and those like me, I say thank you from deepest part of my heart and soul! This journey has been long and arduous! The very nature of its being has created a very dark cloud of poisonous and debilitating esprit de corps amongst us all! The recognition of the initial injustice, is a must in comprehending the resulting pain. At this stage, we find ourselves battling and insulting our own. I implore all, myself included, to acknowledge the realization that the very nature of the injustice bestowed upon us from the beginning, has infected our fertile goodness with an insidious, bitter and mean virus! Believe it not, the resulting anger, being displayed here today, is akin to breaking the fever of this virus! Although disturbing in nature, its very existence is an omen of recovery! The disease was diagnosed, the patient was treated and the recovery begins! Please, please I beg you all, be angry and outraged with the illness, not with the weak patient!!

beleaf67
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Apr 2013, 11:07

Really Dennis, did you develope PTSD/OSI from Bosnia as a mechanic?

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Sat 06 Apr 2013, 10:46

The only way for us to be on the same level and all understand each others polite is for all of us to be in the same boat.

Take his 50,000 and then
Remove 30% for taxes
Remove 8% for legal fee's
Remove GST/HST
And any other losses members will incure.

Then we are in the same boat
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Apr 2013, 10:23

Amen to that Dennis! Negativity, the reason I did not come here anymore! And i m sure i am not the only one!
So long! And thanks for everything Dennis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Apr 2013, 10:21

Now that is a real TROOPER, behind the walls stands a disabled veteran, he becomes a soldier when he is lead by greatness and feels no shame, no reason to be judged as he stands among his own. That Trooper is what this site CSAT is all about, and brother you got it and that is why I will not stand for anyone including Dennis spilling any vermin on a single veteran. I will use their moniker, "Leave No Vet Behind", if you insult one then you insult all, that simple. If you stand or place yourself above others then you answer as the highest voice, if you belittle then you become belittled, if you abuse your position to overshadow the minor faults of others and constantly deface any human value then you do not represent your position among veterans. This should be a great day but for some unknown reason this has become ugly once again. Mr.Terence Stuart Graham I will not apologize to you for my post but i will offer my thanks for your service and I bet you where a good player and soldier. Veterans helping Veterans, I do not see that with the ridiculous post from earlier.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Apr 2013, 10:19

Dennis thank-you for launching the lawsuit, it corrected an injustice. However at the end of the day, you are one of us, an injured vet. So, just trying to figure out where the hostility is coming from? Hell you even served with some of those men. Yes, the lawyers did a tremendous amount of work and are in line for 33,000,000.00 dollars+++++ did they ever deploy? were they ever injured? did they ever pull a patrol? occupy a trench? complete a BFT? The lawyers did their job. Dennis you are a vet, come back to us, were you belong. I realize that there is a lot of complaining on the site, however you were once a soldier too, complaining is almost like second nature. Helps ease anxiety.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Apr 2013, 10:13

Trooper, Duck Dynasty on tonight!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Apr 2013, 10:00

Denis,
I have the deepest respect for you, you did your job as the lead plaintiff extremely well.
I know that it was extremely stressful given the fact that you basically were on your own.
You had to respond to some vets that challenged your position on certain venues of this lawsuit.
I thank you for what you have done in respect to your part as our lead plaintiff.

As far as your comments in regards to my fellow members of csat, who I also have a great deal of respect for,
you must consider this, these are outstanding individuals who stand for us, and look out for us.
They voice their concerns, on our behalf, they stand tall ,and are not afraid to challenge anyone.
I am grateful for that, as you should be also.
In my view, there is no difference between them and you ,we all want what's best for all veterans.
Would you not agree we need vets to challenged others, for the well being of us all.
We cannot just sit by, and allow concerns to go unchallenged.
Please find it in your heart, to put this to rest, we are all in this together, no one wants to see this escalate further.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sat 06 Apr 2013, 09:59

Dennis maybe you can answer this for me. The decision I read stated that the law firm can bill 8% on the retro only. The retro amount is identified to be $424 million.

No where in the decision did I read 4% on $887 million? I'm just trying to get my facts correct so please explain this misleading news article you posted.

I went back to Justice Barnes decision and found this:
[51] Having regard to all of the considerations outlined above, I will approve legal fees in an
amount equal to 8% of the retroactive refunds payable to class beneficiaries (including the
cancellation of debts owing by class members to Manulife Financial). This figure is approximately
4% of the total value of the settlement.

So the news article is not misleading.

Last edited by teentitan on Sun 07 Apr 2013, 15:33; edited 3 times in total
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Judge lauds lawyers who worked for veterans in $887m class action - Page 5 Empty SHOCKED AND AWED TO MY CORE

Post by meteck Sat 06 Apr 2013, 09:52

I HAVE been following your guys plight for over 3 years now.off and on i come here to read how maybe elb might become a part of the equation.i find out recently from this site no less that it looks extremely possible that in 60 days us an elb will be compensated for them taking our pensions and using them as income. i am EXTREMLY gratful to those who did the informing . without you hard nosed patriots i wouldnt know shit..its why it PAINS me to see the furor and the hatred from one soldier to another over money that at one time was a dream we all had.nothing more..dennis and his team made it POSSIBLE to recoop money must other sects of life would NEVER EVER SEE. i have respect for all you soldiers who really paid a maximum price without dying i really do. but to rip apart thre very man who started all this way back when seems to be nothing more than pettiness and displaced anger. i for one would love the opportunity to meet this judge and shake his hand. the world doesnt give you what you deserve it never has never will. no one can pay enough to fix the problems you guys go to sleep with every night. at least your getting SOMETHING that wasnt there before. when i left the forces in 2003 i was DISGUSTED with what i was witnissing,an armed forces in tatters. 10 years later i wear my dog tags every day to remember the fallen and to remember those WHO STILL FIGHT EVERY DAY. i appreciate all the info tossed my way since the start and i personnally want to say thank you to evry fuckin one of you for your service to my country. i can only hope the hatred and pessimism quietly dissapate as this becomes our past.the written word carries powerful feelings people.lets see if it cant end with a thank you instead ofa fuck you. without dennis theres nothing to talk about.thank you dennis i expect elb to be taken care of in 3 months tops because of you,and to all who hate dennis i got two words fro you..........................ok three......................love you guys....thank you all.cheers terence stuart graham. medically released due to extensive soccer injuries lol..its true

meteck
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sat 06 Apr 2013, 09:43

Dennis

As always thank you for the information and your personal opinion about members of the CSAT. I am sure the law firm will continue to not communicate with members of the CSAT (as they have for the last 7 weeks). But thank you all the same for letting CSAT members know about your instructions.

So if anyone does have any questions you can send them directly to "your" lawyer peter.driscoll@mcinnescooper.com

I'm sure the individuals you named above will comment in their own way...that is their choice as members of the CSAT community.

I just ask that you all mind your language and your temper. Remember Dennis has been quoted in the media that he is thinking of writing a book about this ordeal. So he might be trolling for negative comments to back up his opinion of the conduct of the CSAT community.

Again as always Dennis you are still a member of the CSAT community and any comments, opinions or information is welcome.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Apr 2013, 09:23

Dennis, why, at this point , why did you have to fall back to your old ways of insults and belittling just to make yourself feel better or behave like some class room bully that you won! The only thing you have won is a ticket to the Nova Scotia hospital , level 4 , room 6, shock therapy because something has to be done with those violent , abusive thoughts of yours! Your a danger to the public, maybe ask for your old job back a base supply, to put your mind at ease again! Good luck , your going to need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Apr 2013, 09:15

PS I wont put in a word for Ron as he is more than capable of handling the rants of a baby and to you MC what the fuck are you doing representing a complete asshole like that, you got paid by Dennis now spank his dumb ass before you get more than you bargained for, damn ridiculous behavior from your client, you jackasses.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next