Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I will loss over 55% of my retro!!!!! How much will you loss please post here!

+3
Sapper Zodiak
bigrex
Teentitan
7 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

I will loss over 55% of my retro!!!!! How much will you loss please post here! - Page 8 Empty Re: I will loss over 55% of my retro!!!!! How much will you loss please post here!

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 11:31

No propat i didnt add all the stuff we dont know we are getting ....until we see the settlement!

Navrat said "Peter told me i would be lucky to get 60%" unless navrat is making it up....... I think there is truth in Peter words.

That being said my numbers arent far off...

Remember "Peter said LUCKY to SEE 60%" to Navrat!

Look up the definition of lucky!

Back to top Go down

I will loss over 55% of my retro!!!!! How much will you loss please post here! - Page 8 Empty Re: I will loss over 55% of my retro!!!!! How much will you loss please post here!

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 11:24

If you haven't written one letter a day between now and the 8th of January you haven't done your part!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 11:23

spoiledvets did the include all the tax penelties?

did they include a strait notional top up we dont even know we will get yet untill we see the deal?

did they include a true notional top up (one untuched by leagal fees and tax)
witch is unlikely but we do not know for sure until we get the agreement.

did they talk to the judge and ask him what he will grant in leagal fees to do thei calculations?

did they figure in the interest by year if we get it we will know that when we get the deal?

did they add yada yada yada oh you get the idea.

its great to look at the numbers right now as a rough idea i guess but to say they are the real numbers i dont know guys maybe but then again maybe way off.

just my oppinion
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 11:21

That why we need to ask the government a 1000 different ways to pick up the legal tab!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 11:17

Hate to say it, but your right. Again spoiledvet I don't think you will see the law firm ask for even a fraction of that. Really 50 million dollars? I served the nation was injured and released. Three tours multiple broken bones etc etc etc.... cannot see the lawfirm asking me to hand over 30-50% of my settlement.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 11:07

Doesn't it seem reasonable if i get a quote on a job prior to it being completed that i will pay 30% that they would reduced it after it done?
This isn't Wally World !
These guys are lawyers! Some suggest 20% but i am not holding my breath until McInnes comfirms!

Image Peter Driscoll releasing this statement "Out of our kindness of our hearts we decided to only ask for 50 million! or 10%"
Followed by the words April Fools !! LOL

How did Peter become a partner in the firm earlier this year? Rocket Science at play...he just made the firm a 30 -180 million dollar PROFIT!
After all cost and expenses of 20 million thats 30-180 million buckafuckenroos profit!

And don't anyone tell me it cost them more than 20 million so far!

Do not get me wrong I have no issue with them receiving 50 million ! 5-0 million is a nice xmas present...

Last edited by SpoiledVets on Mon 17 Dec 2012, 11:20; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 10:59

Hey Guys its reality! They will get a huge settlement , I agree they deserve lots 50 million is lots.

Teentitan i called my tax people and that tax deduction included the return I would receive by claiming legal fees.

These are real numbers OldVet!
Mark my words you will not see 50% . Unless the GOC pays the legal fees and/or its tax free money.

NONE OF THAT IS HAPPENING UNLESS WE ASK NOW - Do not wait until later do it now! Write!

Last edited by SpoiledVets on Mon 17 Dec 2012, 11:17; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 10:49

too many details we need to know your calcs may be right on ore way out.when we see the deal we can do our calcs and have a good idea.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 17 Dec 2012, 10:48

Simple answer oldvet is this.....the job isn't over. For example what if Barnes does say no? That means they have to go back to the negotiation table.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 10:41

I understand the details of the lawsuit are under a gag, however are the details of what the lawfirm will be asking for in compensation? Why can't Peter disclose this info? T

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Mon 17 Dec 2012, 10:35

One very important calculation everyone forgets is whatever you pay the lawfirm you claim it on your yearly tax return......the full amount will go on the "Other Deductions" line which will lower your taxable income for that year.

Yes it's only going to net a percentage but for the people who MAY have to pay more it will be a decent deduction.

As for the lawyer fees the amount is anyone's guess...ANYONE. So to stress out over it until we actually know the amount is a waste of your time, patience and health!

So until we have an actualy amount to deal with concentrate on contacting the PM, your MP, the main players in the lawsuit TB and DND. Wouldn't hurt to flood the inbox of the new CDS either. And definitely your hometown weekly paper. If we get Jane&Joe Canadian on our side and they contact their MP that could be very much in our favor.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 10:25

Good Morning Guys; not going to happen. Navrat, the class will not expect you to pay $100,000++++ in legal fees and others a fraction of that, when we all get the same results. It is completely unreasonable to think the Judge will award McInnis Cooper $200,000,000, are you guys serious! To think Spoiled Vet is entitled to $20,000 and may see $8800.00 is obsurd. I can't even see McInnis Cooper asking for that amount, otherwise there would be some pissed off veterans, myself included. Hell I would be on a flight to Nova Scotia to pay the firm a visit. I do think the firm should be compensated handsomely for their efforts and victory however to rob from disabled veterans is simply a sin. If that was the case , I would had rather received nothing than deal with years of anxiety stress gag orders and tears.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 10:06

I will loss over 55% of my retro!!!!! How much will you loss please post here!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 10:06

we will be allow to invest in RRSP but lots of us dont have that luxury

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 10:02

Technically, we sould be alloud to put as much RRSP for each year of retroactivity,that way we would loose less in taxes. Just a tought

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next