Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I will loss over 55% of my retro!!!!! How much will you loss please post here!

+3
Sapper Zodiak
bigrex
Teentitan
7 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

I will loss over 55% of my retro!!!!! How much will you loss please post here! - Page 5 Empty Re: I will loss over 55% of my retro!!!!! How much will you loss please post here!

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 21:06

if its 600 million which i do not expect but if it is i am totally ok with that number i would eas
ily be happy with 50 million for the firm!

Back to top Go down

I will loss over 55% of my retro!!!!! How much will you loss please post here! - Page 5 Empty Re: I will loss over 55% of my retro!!!!! How much will you loss please post here!

Post by bigrex Mon 17 Dec 2012, 21:03

Well, if the legal fees equal 35 million for 5 years of work (7 million per year), I don't think they'll have anything to complain about. I don't think any law firm in the country can honestly say that any one lawyer brings in 7 million per year consistently.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 20:58

The lawyers need to know what willl make us happy!
If we are owed $10000 retro we expect $10000 after taxes and fees !

I think this is doable if it isn't get back into court!
I do not give a flying truck how you do it Just do it Peter!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 20:51

When you are a millionaire does an extra 10-20 million make any difference? If we were to recieve a million each we would be living high off the hog for the rest of our lives! Put the money where it will be used for the most good, which is helping Veterans. I do not have any problem if somebody makes a huge profit but there is also taking advantage of a situation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 20:13

We may take a hit of 55% but when you look at the numbers Peter has taken a major hit as well.

If the law firm gets 35 Million then they would have received less than 40% of what they could have earned in this time. That seems to be pretty damn good to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 19:42

well bartonstreet we dont know what the deel is yet.is their leagal fees?probably not.is their damages?doubtfull.is their damages by another name?i really think their will be.dont forget if you had got this money when you should have you would have had to pay tax.so if you get that after tax ammount in your pocket after you payed the leagal plus interest and notional top up you will be made financialy whole.if you want more than that ore less than that is a verry personal decission and up to you and whatever you decide is absalutly correct.i see your situation and understand compleatly.

just my oppinion
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 19:42

To even recouperate all that I have lost because of this clawback I believe a notional interest rate applyed for all the years of clawback would be about 80%. Of course this would not be taxed.
Morally and ethically we should be getting back everything we lost. 80% extra in interest would do it for me.

Last edited by redfisher on Mon 17 Dec 2012, 19:43; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 19:27

I guess for the people who were reinstated their monthly ltd, even losing that much of retro, it will still work out good for them. I just wonder for the 24 month retro people, losing that much doesn't seem all that great, anyone can say its better than nothing but not by much! I am a 24 month retro guy and to be honest losing that much makes me hate the lawyers and GOC for the way this was negioated , no damages or legal fees, it's a sell out

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 19:24

tax at 30% yup that is what i had figured moast of us would have payed anyway and will still have to.those figures seem sound to me red.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 19:15

My take on Defered Taxes is this. Three years ago I would have recieved approx $1800 gross. This is $21 600 a year. I believe I would only have to pay taxes for $21 600 and not $21 600 plus my CF Pension which would put me in a higher tax bracket. Federal Tax is 15% and provincial is 5.06% so I apply this to my $21 600 and I pay $4449.60 dollars taxes for that year.
So all together my three years in taxes will be about $13 000 dollars. If taxed at the 30% range I would be paying $19 000 in taxes or $6000 more.
But I am just speculating and being a realist I feel we will have to pay the 30% in taxes. Then there is the lawyer fees...on top of this. It is what it is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 16:54

I would have preferred to use lawyers in Ontario
It would save on hotels, travel, food, sightseeing, you the basics

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 16:51

Hey Teen, in all fairness in a weird way we are having a laugh, not insulting our legal staff at all. I am all to aware that without McInnis Cooper we would have nothing. We are all indebted to Peter and his staff. Godspeed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 16:49

This was just a joke, when did life get so serious nobody could have a little fun, actually it would be a good idea for the GOC to see the comical side of us paying the lawyers 30 percent, remember when things get to restrictive people will just go where they can have a little freedom. Sometimes always reading doom and gloom wears you,right out, good luck all

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 16:30

remember what i said on another post

Christmas news flash

Disabled VET receives 30,000.00 on 5 year retro claw back

Ist year appr lawyers in Halifax receives 30,000.00 Christmas bonus

seems far to me

Chimo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 15:51

See this is a perfect example how a pack of wolves will turn on their own. Pathedic!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next