Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I will loss over 55% of my retro!!!!! How much will you loss please post here!

+3
Sapper Zodiak
bigrex
Teentitan
7 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

I will loss over 55% of my retro!!!!! How much will you loss please post here! - Page 7 Empty Re: I will loss over 55% of my retro!!!!! How much will you loss please post here!

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 14:41

For updates on all sisip matters call Peter

Peter is at Sotheby's auction house buying xmas gifts ..you can reach him at his new number

1-866 IAM-ABILLIONAIRE

Am I jealous or what Smile

Back to top Go down

I will loss over 55% of my retro!!!!! How much will you loss please post here! - Page 7 Empty Re: I will loss over 55% of my retro!!!!! How much will you loss please post here!

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 13:36

well if thats what he ment that aint gonna cut it for me buds then again i think you already know that and i imagien so does peter.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 13:15

Propat, all the 60 percent means is whatever your retro plus interest equals(different amount for everyone) minus legal fees and income tax and cape Breton class action lawsuit tax will give you around 60 percent in pocket, if lucky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 13:02

It makes sense because really the law firm never took this out of the good of their heart, they are a business and expect to be paid and paid they will be. We all knew we had to pay income taxes. The real sad part was I think we would have been very happy with just receiving what they had clawbacked. In reality we are pay(legal fees) just to get what's owed to us, not really fair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 12:49

well sapper i know what my bottom line is and 55 ore 60% aint it numbers like that would have me writing the judge asking him not to accept this deal.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 12:46

so he said 60% in pocket? he refused to give me any numbers over the phone ore any pecentage?he said he could not do that i feel kina left out.bussy today but i will call him tomorrow and see what he has to say.

propat

Last edited by propat on Mon 17 Dec 2012, 12:50; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Mon 17 Dec 2012, 12:40

Our Retro should include compound interest at least 2% per year. The Cost Of Living Adjustment is roughly 2% per year. I was told what my pay was after tax in 1991.I was a one hook sapper when released...not earning much income. I stand to lose about $118,000. If the 60% is accurate. Just doesn't seem fair.

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 12:21

Imagine how I feel, I am losing over 100000 and more likly 120000 dollars, that's just the way it is

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 12:16

Propat it's true, a number of us have been emailing Peter and he knows my situation and told me I would be lucky in my situation to clear 60 percent , plus a number of other veterans I know, yes at the Hamilton legion, were told similar scernio s. think about it, this notional top up does not go to you, it goes to the government to covet interest if you elect to take your settlement over a couple of years, some may , some may not, it all depends on your tax history and which will work in your favour, once again we will not see any notional top up in our pocket, We are at this point only getting retro, the vac clawback back , plus interest, which varies but there is a chart that the courts usually use, it's rather pretty straight forward to work out , to within a couple thousand what you will get. Like I said in my situation, I will lose over a hundred thousand dollars, and the legal fees will not be split equally over the class, the more you get the more you pay because its based on a percentage and that is law( which I so stupidity argued months ago, sorry Big Rex) so I am telling everyone, this is no joke, please write your mp, because this is a political decision, we need the GOC to cover legal fees to give us a big chunk of our money back, if not you all will eat 45 -55 percent in legal and income tax plus depending on your province HST. So yes 60 percent cleared is a lucky number, and Peter won't come on here now because of the gag order, but , Peter, if I a wrong and misinterpreted.your email, am I wrong to say 60 is the lucky number

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 12:07

ohhh yesss i remember that as well your right navrat did say that didnt he that.sory about that but i still see no context as to what the 60% actually ment again without that it means absalutly nothing.

dont worry vet to old to change my english skills now buds im from cape breton ya know not an excuss just pointiong it out lol.

navrat can you put a little context into this ore did he reinterate your erlier exchange with him via message that that similar suits would be lucky to get 60% high end.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 11:53

Propat-You are amazing with words they are just positioned in spots that its hard to understand ...Smile dont change!

If you decide to go to an edumacation course in englas grammhaa take George Dumont with you!

But Navrat said " I was talking directly with Peter and he said i would be LUCKY to see 60%"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 11:49

conclusion peter said we will be happy with this deal.

dito

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 11:46

actually vet i read every post on here and if memory serves me peter said that similar suits would be lucky to get 60% high end.he didnt say we would be lucky to get 60% as far as i recall maybe navrat would like to correct me.

i havent been able to find a similar suit.

anyway he never said 60% in pocket (after all deductions) ore 60% in pocket plus interest and top up ore well you get the idea.

60% as he stated it means absalutly nothing without at least some sort of context.

buds im not that good with words but im really good with numbers and i mean really good.ive did a lot of formulas on this and buds i just keep looking at a whole pile of letters at the end no real numbers unless i guess at numbers and plug them in to the equations.without guessing its still just a pile of letters in an unsolved equation.

just my oppinion and observation
propat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 17 Dec 2012, 11:40

What I don't understand is why the Government is so stubbornly refusing to cover the legal fees. They paid 80 million for legal fees over the residential school lawsuit, and $47 million in the tainted blood case, and both those settlements totaled over 1 billion each and were comprised completely of damages, since there was no money taken from the class members that needed to be returned, like in our case. Also, what makes the residential school case that much more aggravating, is the fact that they awarded them all that money knowing that they were not going to get anything back in income tax. I'm not upset with the class members of that lawsuit, they earned that money, but why should this same Government be willing to throw them money hand over fist tax free, but fight us tooth and nail over just giving us what is owed, when they know that they'll get 20-25% of it back anyways. At least with the Liberals, you knew where they stood, but with Harper, I'm afraid everytime he goes to pat a Veterans on the back he isn't just sticking a "Kick me!!!" sign on him, or picking his pocket.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 11:37

Conclusion!!

EVERYTHING PETER DRISCOLL HAS SAID TO US HAS SO FAR BEEN TRUE! WHY STOP BELIEVING HIM NOW

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next