Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I will loss over 55% of my retro!!!!! How much will you loss please post here!

+3
Sapper Zodiak
bigrex
Teentitan
7 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

I will loss over 55% of my retro!!!!! How much will you loss please post here! - Page 2 Empty Re: I will loss over 55% of my retro!!!!! How much will you loss please post here!

Post by Guest Mon 24 Dec 2012, 11:28

well maybe your right suprem i halve allways been in the mindset not to buy into anything till i see it on paper just the way i am i guess.so im just playing the waiting game till the deal and fees are right in front of me and when those little chickens hatch ill start counting them.untill then anyones guess is as good as mine.

propat

Back to top Go down

I will loss over 55% of my retro!!!!! How much will you loss please post here! - Page 2 Empty Re: I will loss over 55% of my retro!!!!! How much will you loss please post here!

Post by Guest Mon 24 Dec 2012, 10:47

It will be 30% as that is the normal amount. Unless it was already negotiated prior. The judge will usually let them know that a % is high if he/she feels it is above the norm or ask for justification for the higher percentage. But 30% is probably your guys number to work with in my opinion...have a good Christmas folks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Dec 2012, 06:08

suprem it could be 30% if the firm asks for it and the judge approves it if that happens this still will not be the largest payout by the goc in a class action but i think by far the largest leagal fee erned in a class action against the goc.ive read some of the big ones but you cant read them all so i could be wrong.onyone out their want to correct me on this pleas do since we all seem to be learning here as we go i would really appriciate the correction.this is why the working theory here seem to be somewhere south of 30%.also even as peter himself stated as far as class actions go this has been lightning fast.either way as far as im concerned we still dont know for sure until the judge decides however 20% isnt that bad a guess.

just my oppinion

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Dec 2012, 23:44

I thought it was 30%?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Dec 2012, 21:36

You will see nearly 90% of the amount raw amount in your account! Some will get slightly less because the interest calculations will be less.
Example:
$10000.00 owed for 10yrs
-2000.00 legal fees
-1700.00 Taxes will very..legal fees deducted
+ 2000.00 compounded interest over 10 yrs
+ 700.00 cost of living increases
= 9000.00 in our pockets 90%

I am making a trip to Hamilton in April if I am wrong you can kick me in the butt!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Dec 2012, 20:22

Holy shit...sorry but I need to chime in here...folks, no judge is going to allow the firm that's handling the class action to run off like they robbed you all...yes they will get paid...but remember where you all were 5 years ago? One important factor is this...judges will look at previous class actions as well. They will and can do as much as the judge pleases. I don't know if you all know this but Judges hae more power then our government...I've seen it time and time again where a judge will strut there might. One thing folks, and please remember one thing...a firm much of the time lives off a line of credit or savings and they pay out of pocket for all expenses...people like to say lawyers and legal firms are blood suckers till they need there services. Seriously folks the man hours involved to do a class action? Spend a day at a lawyers office...lawyers and many staff have no life, there stomachs take a shit kicking, because of a crappy diet, they look worn down to the nub...it's not easy guys...and 5 years? Seriously...I know for a fact...many lawyers will not have anything to do if the word military an insurance are used in the same sentence. Congratulations and please don't take what I said to heart. We're all family here! It sucks...but it is what it is...remember folks...Mcinnes et al firm worked on this on a contingency basis as a percentage...I it had happened they lost...they would have lost many many $$$ Who knows maybe things may change as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Dec 2012, 12:14

i will not waste my time and damage my integrity by praising an agreement that may turn out to be crap ore complain about an agreement that may turn out to be great.

just my oppinion

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Dec 2012, 12:11

birdgunner im with you i will remain positive wait for the agreement and be prepared for both a good agreement and a bad one.

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Dec 2012, 11:44

10000 what percentage is that Birdgunner?

Back to top Go down

Post by birdgunner Wed 19 Dec 2012, 13:45

I have no idea what I will lose as I have not read the agreement. If I wish to speculate, which up to now I have not done, it would be approx. $10,000.00

If Veterans do get a negative agreement it won't be long afterward that the media/GoC/VAC/SISIP/etc. will be bombarded through our family of public relations staff(you and me and advocate groups)with some really upset Veterans...and you don't want to upset a Veteran!

Inform the Canadian public on how Veterans are still being treated and a huge shitstorm will follow!!!

birdgunner
birdgunner
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2009-01-10

http://jets.nhl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Dec 2012, 13:39

Sapper Zodiak wrote:Your "retro" was always taxed at source. Sisip only sent you your monthly amount. Then we pay legal team. Sisip amount after tax x number of months owed + compound interest - legal fees = settlement amount. I can't for the life of me see any other deductions to our backpay.
Chimo

And dont forget if it pertains to some, they had to give SISIP their VA back award also. I was on SISIP for a year and also applied for VA, almost to the day I started SISIP I was awarded for my injury VA old pension and had to give SISIP the award. SO needless to say the powers to be need to figure this addition out... Are we having fun yet Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Dec 2012, 08:34

regarding greatfoot comment above yes he did do 10 times the work he got him 10 times more bucks.......... your counting dollars here.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Sapper Zodiak Tue 18 Dec 2012, 23:54

Your "retro" was always taxed at source. Sisip only sent you your monthly amount. Then we pay legal team. Sisip amount after tax x number of months owed + compound interest - legal fees = settlement amount. I can't for the life of me see any other deductions to our backpay.
Chimo

Sapper Zodiak
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 963
Registration date : 2012-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Dec 2012, 23:28

I hear you there. Good thing all these Class actions are getting some attention so hopefully this will be sorted out before the end of your 4 years. I would just like an end to all of this and us Vets knowing where we stand so we can get on with our lives. I for one would like an end to all this confusion make all vets equal and end all these lawsuits once and for all. It is not like the GOC is going to run out of money by settling our Vet problems so realistically they should just go back to the pension system pay what they have to pay and soldier on. No harm no foul.
All they would really have to do is get one less new fighter jet and use that money to sort all this mess out. If I was voted in as PM I would do this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeffery M Tue 18 Dec 2012, 21:30

redfisher wrote:Jeffery M, I think reinstating the pension to all those under the NVC should happen yet here is a foreseable problem. If a person got the full lump sum of $280 000 or so then got reinstated to a pension, would the GOC not claw back the $280 000? For instance if you recieved this lump sum 3 years ago under the pension act at 100% pensionable you may be getting approx $3000 a month from VAC. Times 3 years = $108 000 therefor I believe that the GOC would claw back the remainder of$172 000 before you started recieving your pension.
On the other hand what about those Vets who are under the old system and also had claims that were processed under the NVC and got part of a lump sum. These Vets then theoretically should get an increase in their pensions by the % amount they recieved under the NVC. And what about any money oweing since 2006 that they may have recieved if under the pension act.
I am not sure how the GOC and VAC will hammer this one out but all Vets should be treated equally.
I know this is a far stretch but it could be easily solved by granting a pension for everyone under the NVC and not paying back the lump sum. Also all those under the pension act would get a lump sum equivelent to their % disability and continue getting their pensions. Everything would equal out and there would be equality.
Redfisher. I like your logic. Since your equation is quite accurate, it's easy to see that my lump sum is only going to carry me for another 4 years. This is what I am concerned most about. I am 34.

Jeffery M
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2012-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next