Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I will loss over 55% of my retro!!!!! How much will you loss please post here!

+3
Sapper Zodiak
bigrex
Teentitan
7 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

I will loss over 55% of my retro!!!!! How much will you loss please post here! - Page 9 Empty Re: I will loss over 55% of my retro!!!!! How much will you loss please post here!

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 09:54

I just think 50 millon is enough or 15% which ever is greater

Back to top Go down

I will loss over 55% of my retro!!!!! How much will you loss please post here! - Page 9 Empty Re: I will loss over 55% of my retro!!!!! How much will you loss please post here!

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 09:38

Spoiled vet,your calculations are correct, I don't want to go into exact figures for me but after speaking to the law firm, I will lose over 120000 dollars at least, my retro and interest is roughly calculated at 276000 dollars, but I will clear only 55 to 60 percent as Peter has said so I am looking at 162000 take home, I lose alot and if you spread my take home over the years I was robbed a person at McDonalds made more income than I did, so yes I am just a little pissed off at such a high loss

Back to top Go down

I will loss over 55% of my retro!!!!! How much will you loss please post here! - Page 9 Empty I will loss over 55% of my retro!!!!! How much will you loss please post here!

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2012, 09:17

We need to write letters to the editors,email MPs parliamentary secretarys, facebook pages,Vets advocacy group etc and say NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

----Lets ask the lawyers to cap their fees and costs at 50 millions dollars instead of 150 -200 million dollars and ask the government to pay all legal fees

My Situation:
--$20000.00 gross Retro

We agreed to 30% plus disbursements!!
Legal fees plus disbursements ( in a typical case, disbursements might include the cost of expert reports or investigator reports. In most matters, disbursements also include costs such as photocopying, postage, travelling meals lodgings and courier expenses etc etc etc)
This could easily increase the agreed 30% to 40% -
(I bought a home and the legal fees were $900 the disbursements were $615)

--12000.00 after legal fees

Taxes are variable a safe percentage to assume including deductions for legal fees My situation will be further reduced by 26%

--$8880.00 after taxes

55.6%loss - income taxes and legal fees will be paid out!

Added Taxes ----- HST

--$7548.00 after HST paid on purchases
62.28% loss- total taxes and legal expenses will be paid out!

Last edited by SpoiledVets on Mon 17 Dec 2012, 14:55; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9